Monday, February 27, 2017

Star Wars: Catalyst by James Luceno


I am one of the very few who really want to see Rouge One but haven't yet. It was just a busy time of the year to try and see a movie and excuse after excuse. As soon as I saw this book come out I put my name on the reserve list with my library. Nerdist named it as one of the things you need to read before you see the movie so I was very excited wen my turn came around. 

I knew nothing about this book when I got it and wanted it to be that way. I didn't want any preconceived ideas going into it. This book is about the beginning of the Empire and the turn of the Republic into the Empire. The Republic continues to fight the Separatists and Palpatine is building the Death Star. In order to get the Death Star to be the most deadly weapon in the galaxy the Republic needs to get a hold of one scientist Galen Erso. He has been doing research on the special crystals the Jedi use to power their Lightsabers. Galen believes the power of these crystals is not being used to it's full potential.  

The whole book is all about the Separatists and the Republic trying to pursued him to join their cause. This book started out with a bang and the War that is raging across the galaxy and I was really interested from the get go. However, as good as Part one is the rest of the book seemed to loose my interest.

I am going to be honest here. I like Star Wars and look forward to the movies but I cannot call myself a huge fan. I learned reading this book that I really only like the stories that have all the original Characters, Luke, Han, and Leia. Bloodline really only focused on Leia  with occasionally some Han thrown in and I just didn't care for it. I didn't care for this book either. The opening part was really good and I was hooked but after that my attention and interest faded steadily until the very end where I just wished it was over. I have already invested so much time I just had to finish it. I'm not going to drag this out and just say that I give this 2 out of 5 stars. I am still looking forward to seeing Rouge One and I'm sure I will enjoy it. This book was just kind of a let down to me. If I was more of a fan I might have gotten more enjoyment out of this but as I mentioned earlier? I just can't call myself a true fan. 

No comments:

Post a Comment