Friday, January 13, 2017

Green Arrow Vol 1: The Death and Life of Oliver Queen by


I have been waiting so long for Rebirth and then it finally comes out and I not only have no time to read but I hit the biggest reading funk I have been in in forever. I bought Rebirth #1 the one shot special and have not had a chance to read it. This is my first book since Rebirth and I loved it. Thanks to Net Galley and DC Comics I was able to read and review this. 

I have had the DC All Access app on my phone and it is one I open almost daily. I remember reading an article title. Oliver Queen is DEAD!!! and nearly fell out of my chair. How can you start off an event called Rebirth with killing off one of your bigger characters? I had to read this and was so excited when my approval came through. 

This book takes us back to the Green Arrow before New 52. I read one or two books of New 52 and really didn't like what Oliver Queen had become. This is back to the Oliver Queen I have known and loved. The book begins with homeless people being kidnapped and sold to this group of rich power crazed people trying to take over the city and then more. While looking into these missing homeless people he runs into none other than Black Canary. This made me very happy to see them back at odds and back in each other's arms. Yes I'm a bit of a romantic and I love seeing these to characters as a couple. We also get to see John Diggle right along side Oliver in this book. I don't remember him being a character in the series before New 52 and I didn't read enough of New 52 to know if he was in there. I do know I really like the character in the show Arrow and I was thrilled to see him in this story helping Oliver after knocking the snot out of him. 

This book was great and I can't wait for volume 2. This is a series I am going to keep up with and I am so glad to have a good Green Arrow Story line. I give this book 5 out of 5 stars and hope the rest of this series is just as good. 

No comments:

Post a Comment