Monday, January 16, 2017

Graphic Novel Challenge 2017


It is beyond that time again. Time to sign up for the Graphic Novel Challenge for 2017. I have to say that last year was a big flop for me in the reading department. I took the plunge and pledged to read 52 graphic novels and only did 22. I had big dreams of getting all these advanced copies and catch up on all these series I have missed out on like Preacher and American Vampire. Instead I got a few books of these series and didn't continue. This year I plan on doing better. I want out of my reading funk and I hope comics is the way to do it. 

This is one of the few challenges I look forward to every year. The levels for this are as follows:
Modern Age: read and review 12 books during the year 
Bronze Age: read and review 24 books during the year 
Silver Age: read and review 52 books during the year

Golden Age: read and review 104 books during the year

Wish me luck as I try to read the level I haven't reached the entire time I have done this challenge. I also want to wish luck to everyone who signs up this year and hope you meet your goals. I'm looking forward to seeing where things take me this year and I still have a goal to catch up on the series I missed out on.  I also kind of want to start reading the Lucifer books from Vertigo. I love the show on Fox and I am curious to see how different the show is from the books, or how similar.

No comments:

Post a Comment