Friday, November 11, 2016

Dresden Files: Wild Card by Jim Butcher


I am in such a Dresden withdrawal. When I saw this was available on Netgalley for an advanced reader copy I jumped at the chance. I couldn't wait to get a new Dresden file to visit with old friends I have missed. I feel like all of my Dresden reviews should start with "Harry has gotten himself in a heap of trouble again. 

Two women have their entire life force pulled out of them. The white court of Vampires are being blamed and Marconi is looking for any excuses to start a war. Dresden knows there is something deeper and he has a very small window of time to figure it out before everything blows up and takes the city with it. Karen Murphy is working hard on the police side while Dresden seeks out his Godmother and risks his life to get information from her. 

I loved this book. The story is very well written and the art work matches perfectly. I am anxiously waiting for the next book in the series but I will happily take a graphic novel any day. It is so great to see my favorite characters on these pages. I highly recommend this book to any fan of the Dresden Files. I give this book 5 out of 5 stars. I might be a little bias because I have missed new material since I caught up on the series. 

No comments:

Post a Comment