Thursday, October 27, 2016

The Lazarus Effect (2015)


I'm not going to lie. I love Olivia Wilde. I will pretty much watch anything she is in even if I don't care for the movie. The trailer for this looked so creepy that I was really excited to see it, yet, when it finally came available to rent or stream I always found an excuse to watch something else. 


In this movie a group of scientists start out trying to find ways to help coma patients regain higher brain function and end up stumbling on the cure for death. They find a way to bring the dead back to life and not in a way that turns them into the Walking Dead brainless zombie. They begin with bringing back a dog and find that the dog isn't exactly quite right. Just at the peak of their research a pharmaceutical company swoops in and takes all of their research.  With hours left before they are locked out of their lab for good they decide to recreate the experiment and something goes wrong killing doctor Zoe. What what is left they go against the laws of nature and bring her back to life. 

This was a pretty good movie but the beginning was a little slow. the last 20 min of the movie however was intense. If you can make it through the slow build then it is worth it. I don't want to give anything away but the serum has some extra effects that the group is learning about the hard way. 

I did enjoy this movie and I'm so glad I finally watched it. This will not be on my to watch every Halloween list but I'd watch it again. I give this one 4 out of 5 stars when really it should be a 3.5 star movie. This will also be added to my RIP challenge in the Peril on the Screen section. 


No comments:

Post a Comment