Monday, October 24, 2016

Holidays 2016


I knew nothing about this movie before I watched this except that Kevin Smith write and directed a segment, and his daughter is in it. I had heard so many different things that either claim this as a cult favorite and the worst movie ever made. Usually if people claim a horror movie is the worst ever made it has to be good. This movie is a collection of segments or mini movies for each holiday.


This movie is messed up and bonkers crazy. Some of the movies really held my attention because I wanted to know what was going to happen, but others were just goofy and dumb. It was a good mix of the two which I feel does raise this up to a cult horror favorite. The holidays I didn't care for were St Patrick's Day, Mother's Day and Father's Day. St Patrick's Day was just weird and Mother's day was a subject matter I'm not ok with. Father's Day could have been good but there was a whole underlying back story that was missing to make the short little ending make so much more sense.

On the flip side I did enjoy Halloween, Easter and Valentine's Day. These had complete stories that felt well put together for how short they are. Halloween and Valentine's Day have a sort of revenge aspect that I liked in context of the story and Easter was just a creepy take on a cute little bunny holiday. I also have to say that I have such high expectations whenever Kevin Smith directs or writes something. He did Halloween and it was the best one in the bunch.

Ok, so how on Earth am I going to rate this movie? Most of them were either ones I didn't like or just kind of Meh. Three were really enjoyable so should I rate highly because of those 3 I lied or should I rate lower? I've got to give this a 2 out of 5 star rating. It came down to the fact that I've seen it, I don't think I will ever watch this again. It's over and I can put it behind me and that isn't a good sign when it comes to enjoying a movie. I am entering this as my first movie for Peril on the Screen with the RIP Challenge.


No comments:

Post a Comment