Monday, September 12, 2016

R.eaders I.mbibing P.eril XI

R.I.P.

This year I'm a little behind the curve considering this challenge started September 1st. Where did the year go? The R.I.P. Event is my favorite blogging event of the year and I look forward to this from the moment it ends till the moment I can write my sign up post for the next one. I just love Fall for so many reasons, one of which being the return of cooler weather. I love everything about Fall, the leaves turning on the trees, that first cold breeze pushing the back drenching heat of Summer away, and the horror and mystery novels I pull off the shelf for this time of year. There is nothing better to help not only get my hyped up for Haloween, but also help me pass the time than the R.I.P Challenge. The Readers Imbibing Peril challenge is a whole event dedicated to reading Mystery, Suspense, Thriller, Dark Fantasy, Gothic, Horror, and Supernatural. This challenge is put on by Stainless Steel Droppings and I am so happy that Carl is running it again this year. Last year was a ton of fun and it was masterfully put on by The Estella Society since Carl of Stainless Steel Droppings took the year off. If you read my blog you know that the genres featured in this challenge are my favorite to read. If you are feeling up to the challenge then click on the link above and get your sign up post ready. The Challenge runs from September 1st to October 31st and I'm almost ready to get going. I need to finish my current read before I can officially begin but I will start posting soon. .

This is such a cool challenge, and since this is a category I mainly read anyway I am sticking with the highest amount. I am going to pledge to be part of:


Peril the First means I will be reading four books, any length, that I feel fit into this challenge. I was able to get an audio book or two last year that I have been saving for this challenge so I hope to have some decent reviews this year. I am also in the middle of the American Vampire Graphic Novel series so I hope to get some of those read to try and get back on track for my graphic novel challenge too. 

I am also going to take part in:


It is no secret that I'am a big fan of Horror movies, and the cheesier the better. October is the month of horror for me. All month long I watch as many of the Nightmare on Elm Street, Friday the 13th, and Halloween movies I can. My blog is for both books and movies so I really look forward to reviewing some of my favorite horror movies in October, and better yet to include them in this challenge. I'm proud to announce that this will be the fourth year for my Halloween Week here on my blog. This was where I review popular, classic, and any other type of horror films. I'm not sure if anyone other than myself looks forward to my own little event, but every year I have such a blast putting this together. Like every year around this time, I haven't settled on a set group of movies but I'm kicking around a few themes. You will just have to come back and check out my list when I get that post up.  Each one of those reviews will be used for this challenge so don't worry if you miss them. I will have it linked to the R.I.P. review site. 

One final thing I want to mention which I have neglected to do the last few years is mention the incredibly talented Artist who does the banners and pictures for the event.,. I don't think I ever paid much attention to this but now that I know Abigail Larson is the one who does the art I want to make sure you click on her name and check out her blog. It's really cool. Now good luck and I hope those who decide to try this out for the first time have a great time and come back next year. Now go read, or watch some TV, it's up to you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment