Wednesday, June 8, 2016

Bedtime for Batman by Michael Dahl

29058898

My kids are just as big nerds as their Daddy. My son pretends he is the Flash and will then pretend that he is working with Jamie and Adam from the Mythbusters to find out the reason behind the Flash's powers. It is the cutest thing ever. My Daughter is 3 and she loves Batman just like me. I try to show her how amazingly cool the female heroes are like Batgirl, Supergirl, and Wonder Woman. It is a great time to have a little girl because women are becoming more empowered and it shows. I want her to be proud to be a girl and she does when she wants to be a ballerina or a princes, but when it comes to picking Super Heroes, she has to be Batman. 

I was browsing the comic book section on Netgalley and came across this book. Immediately I knew this had to be something I read to my daughter at bed time. She loves to wear her older brother's old Batman Pjs so it was perfect. Thanks to Netgalley and Capstone publishing I got to surprise my Daughter and my Son with a new bedtime story. This is a really cute story. It is short with a sentence every other page but my kids enjoyed it.

This is just a story about bed time and how to get ready for it. The steps the little guy takes to get ready for bed are a lot like Batman getting ready to take on the bad guys of the night. It is clever how they do the comparisons like how the little guy gets a signal and the clock looks like a clock version of the Bat signal and the next page is Batman getting the signal. It really is self explanatory but I got a kick out of this so figured I'd share. The art work is very similar to the old Batman the Animated series from the 90's which I really enjoyed. Already my kids are asking for me to read it again. The ARC is limited so I will be buying this book.

Needless to say it shouldn't be a surprise that I give this 5 out of 5 stars. This is such a fun little read. I have one more screen shot to share because it was just so funny and all of us got a laugh out of it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment