Wednesday, May 11, 2016

Fool Me Once by Harlan Coben

26109394

I have become a big fan of Harlan Coben's since I read his last few books, The Stranger, Missing you, and Six Years. Needless to say I was really looking forward to this books release and then my turn on the reserve list at my library. 

The premise of this book was really interesting. Maya has suffered the loss of her husband who was murdered in front of her. Trying to be more careful and know what is going on in her home she puts up a Nanny Cam to make sure her daughter is being treated well. When reviewing the video one night she sees her husband come into the room and play with their daughter. Considering she didn't get the camera until after he died this raises a lot of questions. 

There is a good deal of suspense and twists and turns but I felt this one didn't live up to his previous books. This was enjoyable but I didn't care for the ending. The ending wasn't what I was expecting but not the twist I had hoped for. I'm getting a head of myself. The story itself has some predictability to it and I was hoping for more twists and suspense. When it came to the ending I didn't care for how it ended and I wanted more from it.

This book is really hard to talk about without possibly spoiling this. I just came off of a book that had the same kind of premise as this one. The other book had a better plot to it so I think that is part of the reason behind my not caring for this as much as I had hoped I would. Maybe it was the wrong time for this book but I still give this one 3 out of 5 stars. 

No comments:

Post a Comment