Monday, April 4, 2016

Turn Coat by Jim Butcher

3475161

It is so nice to be back in Chicago with Harry Dresden. This is one of those series that even though I know it is fictional, every time I pick one of these up I feel like I am hanging out with old friends telling story over a beer. Dresden has his work cut out for him in this book. For those of you who have read this series you will know who Morgan is. For those that don't he is a senior wizard of the council that has hated Dresden since the very beginning. So it was a shock when Morgan shows up on Dresden's door step bleeding and wounded and asking for help.

Chasing Morgan and now Dresden is a creature known as a Skin Walker. I have always been interested in the lore behind Skin Walkers. This is a Navajo legend and even mentioned in this book the Navajo don't like talking about it for fear that they will be heard and attacked by the Skin Walker. A lot of stories take after the werewolf type of character but Jim Butcher does a great job holding to the lore of Skin Walkers. I really enjoyed this part of the story.

Let's get back to the whole Morgan part of the story. Morgan is being charged by the white council for the death of a senior warden. Dresden is of course the last place anyone would think to look for him so it really makes sense he shows up on Harry's door. Dresden now has to figure out who framed Morgan before the White Council finds them both and executes them. Pushing against time and supernatural forces this was a really fun ride. Secrets are revealed and there are some pretty funny moments between Morgan and Molly.

I really enjoyed this book and it was great getting back to this series. I will admit I didn't care for the ending. Dresdend's world is about to come crashing down and I hated seeing one of my favorite fictional characters suffer. I give this book 4 out of 5 stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment