Wednesday, April 27, 2016

Green Lantern Corps: Lost Army Vol 1 by Cullen Bunn

29893123

I'm going to admit right off the bat, I have missed something. It dawned on me after I read this book and before I read Green Lantern Vol 7 that I missed Green Lantern Vol 6. I also haven't read The Green Lantern Corps books since Vol 3. I have only read the anthology books that includes issues from there. So when this book started I wanted to know how these Lanterns ended up in what seems like a different universe. 

The one interesting thing about this book is it looks like our band of heroes have some how ended up in the universe that holds the key players in the beginning of all universes and the creation of the emotional spectrum. With all of this going on and our heroes not only trying to find their way home but help out along the way I expected this story to be more interesting. 

There were a lot of flash backs to John Stewart's time in the military which I know is supposed to parallel what is happening and show John's thought process but they felt out of place. I really don't have much else to say about this book other than it was just ok. Maybe when I get caught up on the Corps books I might give this a re-read and see if I like it better but for now, on to the next book on my to-read pile.

UPDATE: Wow, I'm so sorry to those of you have have read this on the day it posted. I really didn't seem to care much for this book and I didn't even give it a rating. I give this book 2 out of 5 stars. I kind of phoned in the review and I'm so sorry for that. I will do better in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment