Friday, February 5, 2016

My top 5 Movie Props


Have you ever day dreamed about what you would do if you had a million dollars? This is something thousands of people have thought about recently with the Powerball Lottery getting up to 1.4 Billion dollars. I didn't win but that didn't stop me dreaming about what I would do with that kind of money. It was very fitting when I got an email from a guy by the name of Ryan Stills asking if I would mind mentioning his auction site Invaluable.com. I know I would love to get my blog out there to more people to try and increase my readership so I didn't mind returning the favor. Ryan asked if there were any movie collectibles I really would want to own if I wasn't living paycheck to pay check.

The timing of this email couldn't be better since I was dreaming of winning the lottery and what I would want to spend all that money on. So I thought long and hard about what I would want and it was really hard. There are so many movies I love and trying to figure out what one piece of the movie I would want to put on display in my home was a tough one. 

So let's begin with what I would want. We will go from 5 to 1. 

NO. 5

If I had completely disposable income and no student loans I would love to have the Sword And`uril forged from the shards of Narsil wielded by Aragorn in the Lord of the Rings Return of the King. I want the real one from the movie and not the Noble Collection replica. I want the one that was covered in fake Orc blood and used in those memorable scenes of the movie. 


No. 4

The next piece of movie memorabilia I would really like to have is the Proton Pack and trap from the original Ghostbusters Movie. These two movies were a big part of my childhood and all I wanted to do was grow up to be a Ghostbuster or Batman. As an adult I clearly know that Ghostbusters could never happen so I still want to be Batman when I grow up. 


No. 3

The next item on my wish list would have to be the Necronomicon from the Evil Dead movies. Long ago when they released the special edition of Evil Dead and Evil Dead 2 they had a Book of the Dead edition that was latex to feel like flesh and had replicas of the pages in them. I would love the original book used in the movies. I would put it in a glass case for display and to keep people from trying to read from the book. Just in case it would unleash a world of evil. 


No. 2

The one thing I have wanted since I was a little kid was the real Batman suit. I have always dreamed of becoming a billionaire so I could train llike Bruce Wayne did and then fund the construction of a Batcave full of high tech gadgets only to put on the costume and fight crime in the suburbs. Yes in real life we call that borderline crazy, but I call if a fun night. My favorite version of the Batsuit so far is the one from Batman Begins. 


No. 1

The one thing I want if I had a ton of money and could buy anything would be the Batmobile. This is a really tough call to decide which one I would want. I lean towards the tumbler from Batman Begins and the Dark Knight because it is an awesome vehicle and then I would match with my Batsuit. But the one from the Michael Keaton movies, Batman and Batman Returns was really cool looking too. This would be a tough decision and in dream world would require more consideration. I guess I could buy them both and not send my kids to college. 


This was a fun post. I enjoyed pretending to be rich and make my shopping list for the best pieces of my favorite movies. I hope you all enjoyed reading this as much as I did putting it together. I'm glad I got the email from Ryan so I could do this post. I don't think I would have thought about this on my own. Hope it helps drive some people to his web site. 

No comments:

Post a Comment