Wednesday, February 3, 2016

Grayson vol 2: We all Die at Dawn by Tom King


I was very lucky to be able to read this book for an honest review thanks to DC Comics and Edelweiss. I have been a huge fan of Dick Grayson since I was a kid and I have loved the Nightwing comics from the very beginning. I was crushed when Dick was outed in Forever Evil and he was then "Killed". When the Grayson series started I was glad to be able to keep up with what Dick Grayson is doing with his new life. 

I have to be honest, I'm really disappointed in this whole series. I get it, this is an espionage series but there is basically no action. I'm so used to the amazing writing and action that was always in the Nightwing books. In this book, in this series Dick seems not himself. I know a character's personality can vary from writer to writer, and they are trying to show that with out the mask and the night Dick can't be happy but this just feel awkward when I read it. 

This story really had a hard time keeping my attention. Dick is trying to stop an organ collector who we have no idea why they want these specific organs. It was a slow read and really didn't pick up all that much. The only reason I keep reading this series is because I am hopeful that some day they will find away to bring Dick Grayson back to what he is supposed to be doing and that is picking his suit back up Nightwing suit and rejoining the Bat-Family. DC keeps advertising their newest Big event called Rebirth. No one knows exactly what this is going to entail but I hope it at least brings back Nightwing. New 52 did a lot of great things for some books and for others the heroes I have loved were not as interesting as they once were. I am anxious to see what happens in the future so I guess I will keep going with this series. Who knows maybe the next volume will be amazing.

Sadly I must give this one 2 out of 5 stars and that is where I will leave you. I hate rating a Dick Grayson story so low but I just didn't care for this all that much. 

No comments:

Post a Comment