Friday, January 15, 2016

The Girl in the Spider's Web by David Lagercrantz

25074850

I loved the Millennium series when I finally got around to reading them. I read the series after the third book had already been published so I din't have to wait for the next book. Like most fans of the series I was saddened to hear that Stieg Larsson had passed and those three books were all I was going to be able to read. Then I had heard reports that his daughter had found an unfinished story and she was looking for an author to finish it and carry on her father's work. I'm not sure if this is that book or if David Lagercrantz just wrote his own book with Mr Larsson's characters to continue the series. I will be honest and I haddn't kept up with the news on this book after the initial passing of Mr Larsson. 

I have to admit that I was really disappointed in this book. I want to make it perfectly clear that I have nothing against David Lagercrantz and his writing style. My problem was the story, the plot. I had this book built up so much in my head waiting and waiting to finally get this from the library so I could continue the adventures with Lisbeth and Blomkvist. I felt that this story was trying to hard to be a Stieg Larsson novel. This is all about hackers and a ring of cyber criminals who can only be found by Lisbeth. Blomkvist wants to help her in anyway he can of course but he has his own issues. Once again Millennium is on the chopping block because print is a dead media. 

I was bored through most of the books. After the initial excitement of continuing the series wore off I just kept thinking, I should put this down. I was so underwhelmed with the big reveal in the last quarter of the book that I just wanted to finish and move on. As much as it pains me to say it, I think I am done with the Millennium series if David Lagercrantz decides to write more. As I had mentioned, I had really high hopes for this book so the fact I was disappointing was partly my fault. I'm glad this book is finally behind me and I can now move on. I give this book 2 out of 5 stars. 

No comments:

Post a Comment