Friday, January 1, 2016

Happy New Year!!!

party fun how i met your mother applause celebrate
Happy New Year!!!

This year is going to be Legen... Wait for it...dary!!! It might be, who knows, but I think I should stay positive. It is also fitting with the Barney Stinson Gif I chose. 2015 was Awesome in many ways but like anyone there were definitely ups and downs.  I'm not going to focus on those low points of my year and hold on to what is amazing in my life.

It may sound cheesy but the best thing in my life is my wife and kiddos. My son started Kindergarten this year and I was more scared than he was. He loves school and is doing so well I am constantly blown away with how smart he is. My beautiful daughter is 2 and the cutest, funniest little girl I know and she makes me smile with what she says. One of the best parts of my day is coming home from work and seeing her face light up when I come through the door and she comes running across the apartment to give me a hug shouting "You're home Daddy". No matter what kind of day I have had my little Angel makes me smile when she does that.  

Where would I be without my wife? She is everything to me and is what keeps our family running smooth. She takes care of our kids and keeps me sane when I start to slip back into my anxiety. She is the most supportive person I know and is always encouraging me to put myself out there and grow my talents, as few as they may be. She also puts up with a lot of my crap. I'm far from perfect and I know that. I can be neurotic, and paranoid and annoying when I don't feel well. She is always there for me and makes me always happy. I'm so lucky to have her in my life and I don't thank her enough. 

I did have a pretty good year. I feel like I am in a much better place going into 2016 all because of the small joys I had this past year. I still love my job and I can't wait to see what is in store for me this year. I feel more like myself than I have in a long time and I feel like some of the creativity I lost is coming back. I'll explain in a minute. This year I was finally able to get a grip on my anxiety and have been able to come off of my medications and I am much happier. I never had the intense crippling anxiety some of my friends do but it was more than I could handle. My heart goes out to everyone who suffers from anxiety.

One thing I really wanted to do in 2015 was get back to my writing. I dream about publishing a book with a big publishing company and get a shot at a bestseller in my life time. It's a dream so I did it up big. It could happen... if I ever got off my metaphorical butt and finished something. I had a ton of excuses as to why it didn't happen like, not enough time, lack of good ideas, writing equivalent of a brick wall etc... The truth is I just didn't try. As I mentioned I feel like my creativity is returning and I am getting little seeds of ideas. Crappy as they may be I think there is some potential in them. My goal, and I want you to hold me to it, is to put an original story on my blog to get honest feedback. If I suck as a writer I want to know so I can get better. I am going to make this happen and if I can pull it off, I have a great idea as to how to get an original story on my blog. Just wait and see. 

Wow, this was a lot longer than I expected. Well hope everyone had a good 2015 and that your new year is amazing and brings you all the happiness you deserve. If you have read this far then I thank you for sticking it out and learning a little more about who I am. 

No comments:

Post a Comment