Monday, January 25, 2016

Ash Vs Evil Dead Season 1


I did say that this year I wanted to review more movies and shows so here is my first of the new year. Ash Vs Evil Dead is so worthy of a review I couldn't wait to watch this show and then review it. I don't have the movie channels so I begged a very good friend to log in to the Starz app on my iPad so I didn't have to wait for it to come to iTunes. By the way it is available for pre-order and will be available in it's entirety on Feb 1st. I can't wait to binge watch this again. 

Bruce Campbell is the main man himself and reprises his role as Ash in what I would consider a reboot of some of the best B horror movies of all time. Evil Dead, Evil Dead 2 and Army of Darkness are some of my favorite movies ever and I watch them all of the time. I was late to the party so to speak and didn't find these amazing gems until I was in college and my wife and I watched these together for the first time. She's a fan too. When I saw that there was going to be remake of Evil Dead I was super excited. I have been dying to see Ash return to the roll but the Remake was new characters in the same general story. A little bummed it wasn't going to have Bruce Campbell I was still really excited about it and still loved it. Check out my review for my full thoughts here. Then the rumors from all these years that Ash would return with Campbell,  Raimi, and Tappert returning to do this right became true .

Bruce Campbell is one of the most under rated actors, but at the same time he is King of the B stars. Hail to the King baby. I have really enjoyed all of his different roles. He was great in Brisco County Jr, Jack of all Trades and of course Burn Notice. Bruce Campbell can be anything he needs to be which is a great skill to have in his type of business. Having him back with the Boomstick and chainsaw was exciting. I couldn't wait to start watching this. 

In Ash Vs Evil Dead we pick up 30 years after the events of Evil Dead 2. Ash is still working in a retail store as a stock boy trying to brag about his heroism. One night to impress a girl he reads from the Necronomicon and frees the evil yet again. Of course the evil wants to take over the world but it also wants to ruin/kill Ash since this goofball is the only one to really succeed over it. In this series Ash is joined by two new characters Pablo and Kelly. They have to learn really quick about the Deadites and how dark the world has gotten with the evil unleashed. 

I loved this season and I can't wait to see what comes next. I am already anxious for season 2 to start. I will just have binge watch season 1 again over and over. I am so excited to have Evil Dead back and even though it isn't a new movie this is better. I can get so much more Deadite goodness in a TV version and it is endless as long as the wonderful people making this series want to keep doing it. Thank you Bruce for picking up the chainsaw and cheesy one liners. You have been one of my favorites for a long time. Nomatter what you do I will gladly watch but I am so glad you are back with the Evil Dead. 5 out of 5 stars without a doubt, the best show this year. February 1st can't come fast enough. I can't wait for the alert letting me know the show is now availble for download on iTunes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment