Friday, December 18, 2015

White Night by Jim Butcher

91475

I really liked this installment in the Dresden Files. Someone is killing wizards that are not part of the council but under their protection. Dresden is tasked to get to the bottom of what is going on only to find that the biggest suspect in this string of murders is Harry's half brother Thomas. While Harry is doing what he does best and solve this mystery he has quite a few struggles to get through at the same time. 

Harry has taken on the responsibility of training Molly as his apprentice. She used magic and broke on of the laws of the council. Harry has risked his life to save her from sudden death. We also see a much darker side of Harry in this book. The demon that is residing in him is starting to wear on him. His temper is getting short and Harry is relying more and more on help from the demon making him one step closer to completely loosing himself. 

I have read through a bunch of reviews about this book and the one thing they mostly have in common is they are short. So many reviews talked about how much they liked the book but there is very little reason why. I understand this. I loved this book, but thinking back on it and trying to figure out exactly what I want to say is actually really hard. I am already forgetting parts of the story. What is it about this book that leaves us readers at a loss for words when it comes time to write a review.

Here is what I can say. I liked a lot of different things about this book. First and foremost I love the characters. Harry and Murphy are great but I also really like Thomas, and Molly. The brother relationship between Harry and Thomas really makes for some interesting situations. Read this book and you will know exactly what I am talking about. Molly is the oldest Daughter of Harry's friend Michael. She is new to her powers and still trying to learn how to control them. The other thing I really liked about this book was the action. There are a lot of great scenes and action throughout the book which really kept the suspense level high and me engaged in this book. 

I really liked this book and will always recommend this series. I am not a fan of this type of fiction but Jim Butcher does such a great job writing this series that I have really enjoyed these books and I'm so glad I stepped out of my comfort zone to read these. I give this book 4 out of 5 stars. 

No comments:

Post a Comment