Monday, December 7, 2015

The Message

'The Message' Podcast

If you have read my blog before you have probably noticed I mention the Web site Nerdist often. I really enjoy the Podcasts that Chris Hardwick does with different celebrities. Before each podcast he has a community cork board that allows people to advertise their different endeavors and this podcast was mentioned It sounded pretty interesting and was even better to listen too. 

Here is the description from the web site:
The Message is a new Podcast following the weekly reports and interviews from Nicky Tomalin, who is covering the decoding of a message from outer space received 70 years ago. Over the course of 8 episodes we get an insider ear on how a top team of cryptologists attempt to decipher, decode, and understand the alien message.
Each week she'll bring you the latest chapter, so it's important to listen in starting with episode 1.
The message is a co-production with Panoply and GE Podcast Theater, unlocking the secrets of healing with sound technology. 
This whole story is just over an hour and a half but it didn't feel that long. From the very fist episode I was hooked and loved every minute of this. The story was very well written and gave me goosebumps at the very end. I was really impressed. Now, I must tell you that this is a work of fiction. There is actually a disclaimer for the podcast on their website. The reason for this is because it is like an old fashion radio drama. Even if you weren't alive way back in the day most people have heard about H.G. Wells radio drama War of the Worlds. It was so realistic that people actually thought the Earth was being invaded by aliens. This podcast is very similar in that it felt real. It is very convincing and I had to keep reminding myself it was all fiction.

I usually stick to books and movies but I enjoyed this podcast so much I had to get the word out to get more people to listen to this. This is kind of a test run for GE Podcast Theater to see how many people they get to listen to this. If it does well it could open the doors for more like this.  I highly recommend this to anyone who has a spare hour and a half. 5 out of 5 stars all the way. This is available on several podcast subscriptions. I use iTunes so if you have an Apple product then use this link to subscribe to The Message.

No comments:

Post a Comment