Friday, December 11, 2015

Sherlock Holmes and the Necronomicon by Sylvain Cordurie

25893785

I was fortunate enough to be chosen by Dark Horse comics and Edelweiss to read this for an honest review. I'm going to be honest and it pains me. This book is dry, I'm a big fan of Sherlock Holmes and no one writes a better story then Conan Doyle did but I have enjoyed plenty of Pastiches. I have also enjoyed a few Sherlock graphic novels. This was hard to get through and I ended up skipping around. 

I was excited by the title of this book because I am really enjoying Ash vs Evil Dead and that is all about the power of the Necronomicon or book of the dead. I had really high hopes for this book because there are a few characters I'd like to see back form the dead. We do get a resurrection of an old character but I was underwhelmed. I would have expected a much better story throughout this book. I struggled to get through this book and that shouldn't happen with a comic book. 

The art work for the cover was really good as you can see above but the rest of the art work in the book was plain and lacking detail. I really wanted to like this book more but I just didn't. I also wish I had more to say about this book but I have said my piece. I didn't hate this book so I give it 2 out of 5 stars. I tend to reserve my 1 star for those books that I just really couldn't stand.

No comments:

Post a Comment