Monday, December 21, 2015

Graphic Novel Challenge 2016


It's that time of year again. Time to sign up and throw my name in the ring for a new years worth of Comic book reading. I always have a great time do thing this because it is something I am already doing. Anyone who reads my blog knows I am a comic book nerd. I like to have an outlet other than my blog to not only get my reviews out there but to read other ones and maybe find some great books I might have missed out on. 

Like the last few years the levels haven't changed. Here they are right from the source. 
Levels

Modern Age: read and review 12 books during the year (that's only 1 book a month)

Bronze Age: read and review 24 books during the year (Can you handle 2 books a month.)

Silver Age: read and review 52 books during the year (Are you up to a book a week!)

In 2015 I took the safe bet and pledged to do the Bronze age because I knew I would be able to complete 24 books in the year. The last 2 years I have been right around 40 books. If I could get another 12 comics in I would be able to complete the top tier, Silver Age. This year I am going to try and push myself to get to 52 books. There are a lot of books out there I really want to read and this could be the year I not only shrink my to-read pile but make it to complete the Silver Age challenge.

Good luck to all who enter the challenge. I can't wait to see what everyone reads this coming year and I hope we all have fun. If you are interested in checking out the  challenge yourself click the link under the picture up top to go right to the sign up page.

No comments:

Post a Comment