Friday, November 13, 2015

The Walking Dead Vol 24: Life and Death by Robert Kirkman

25337337

I have loved this series since the very first episode on AMC. It took a few seasons before I got into the comics that started the whole thing and now I wait on the edge of my nerves fro each new book. Since I continue to get these through my library the wait list is really long which makes the waiting even worse. I have enjoyed every book for the most part but there are some that are amazing and others that you get through just to get tot he next big part of the story. This is one of those books you just get through to find out what happens next. 

For those of you reading this post that haven't read the books up to this point and want to, stop reading now. If you don't care what happens or to read these book but still want to know my thoughts feel free to read on. There could be some spoilers ahead just FYI. At this point 24 books into the series and 144 monthly issues into the story it is pretty impossible to talk about a book and not have something be spoiled. 

In the last book it ended with Carl walking away from the community looking for his new girl who he has fallen for but is part of the group known as the whisperers. Rick, Carl's dad, has no idea he has left the community to search for a girl in the dangerous zombie filled lands. There are a few things going on in this book but it really is a character book and has very little action. Negan has an agenda it seems, whether it is just to mess with Rick's mind or some elaborate escape plan. Alexandria is planning their first ever fair between them and the community. The Whisperers want to be left alone and learn more about these groups.This is kind of a slow read but since there is very little dialogue and the story relies on the art to move the story, it goes by pretty quick. 

I read this one pretty quickly and I am itching for the next book. This one is kind of slow until the very end and my body broke out in goosebumps when I read the last 5-8 pages. The only purpose this book serves is to set up the next big story line I feel. I liked this book but it wasn't my favorite. I give this book 3 out of 5 stars. 

No comments:

Post a Comment