Friday, November 20, 2015

Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban by J. K. Rowling

5

This was the first of the Harry Potter books I read. I had seen the first two movies and figured I would just pick up where they left off.This book is my favorite of all of the books in the series which made me so angry when the movie came out. There were so many great scenes in the book that had explanations for a lot of big parts of the story left out so they could show the boys eating candy that made them make animal noises. Yes, I'm still bitter after all of these years. 

Harry is in his third year at Hogwarts and things are getting creepy this year. A vicious Killer has escaped from the highest security Wizard prison and might be after Harry to finish what is left unfinished. With a killer on the loose the guards of Azkaban called Dementors are out searching. These creatures are ghastly figures with bony fingers and cloaked in tattered cloth blacker than death itself. These creatures feed off the happiness as well as sorrow of those they trap.  Harry is effected more than anyone by these creatures due to his terrible history. 

This book is great and as I said this is my favorite book in the series. This is my second read of this book and I'm excited for several reasons. I finally get to write reviews for books I have loved because I read this long before I joined Goodreads and started my blog. I also get to live these books through the eyes of my now 6 year old son. He may roll around and fidget because he can't sit still but his eyes get so big and bright when something exciting or scary happens, and I love when he is upset when we have to stop. I the time I get with him all curled up while my wife reads to us. I usually fall asleep but it is still quality time. I'm going to trade on and off with my wife for the remaining books since they are so long.

I could go on and on about all the great things I liked about this book and all the things that really irked me that the movie left out. That could be a whole other can of worms that would turn into an odd rant. I'm sure most people have already read this book and have their own opinions so this review is really just filler for my blog and allowing me to get my feelings into the digital universe. Still If you haven't read this series it is definitely worth it. It should come as no surprise that I give this 5 out of 5 stars. 

No comments:

Post a Comment