Monday, November 2, 2015

Halloween Hangover and R.I.P. Wrap up

Image result for Free halloween clipart


This year was a great Halloween. We had rain for most of the day but the temperature was perfect and the rain stopped before it was time to Trick-or-Treat. This was the first year I went to my company's Trunk-or-Treat event and we all had a great time. The kids got to show off their costumes and get some practice for latter that night. Once the sun went down we took the kiddos out to hit as many houses as their little legs could handle. My 2 year old Daughter was the cutest little Mini Mouse thanks to my wife's amazing skills with a sewing machine. She even made the little ears that looked better than what you buy in the store. I'm just not ok with sharing photos of my kids otherwise I would show you all how amazing her costume was. You will just have to take my word for it. My wife is talented. 

My son, well he will be 6 next weekend and he took after my own heart. We watched the old 90's Flash TV show and now the new one. Once a week I will wake him up and we will sit together watching the show just us so it wasn't a big surprise when his favorite super hero is the Flash. He was so perfect in his little costume. As soon as he put it on I had to do whatever I could to try to keep him from running all over the place. Gosh I love that kid. I was Batman a lot when I was a kid so I'm curious if I will have to buy a new Flash costume next year.

Just like last year we carved pumpkins but my wife didn't really get to. She made pumpkin seeds which she loves but I'm not a fan. I hear they are delicious because my son says he is in Heaven every time she shares them. I always love carving pumpkins and making them as scary as possible. Last year I scared my son so much with the face I made he couldn't look at it so I scaled back a bit. This year we let him get in there and clean out the pumpkin. He also tool a turn at carving himself and did everything but the mouth. His pumpkin is the one on the left and mine is the one on the right. 


This year I got a lot read and watched for the R.I.P. Challenge. My Halloween week was a lot of fun this year and I felt I had a good selection of horror movies. This year I reviewed.

Amityville Horror (2005)
Dawn of the Dead (2004)
Shaun of the Dead
The Fog (2005)
Dead Silence
Evil Dead II

For Peril in the First I only had to read 4 books for the challenge and I did a lot more than that. This year I had a much better selection of books. Last year was kind of a stinker with the books I chose but this year I read.

Jonathan Strange & Mr Norrell
Outcast Vol 1
The Scarlet Gospels
The Hospital
Hell House
Carrie
Bellman & Black
The Box
Johannnes Cabal the Necromancer

I love the R.I.P. challenge and I look forward to it every year. I had a few stinkers in the books I read but I was really happy to finally get around to reading Carrie. Now that Halloween has passed I'm sad to see it go but on to winter. I am so ready for colder weather and shorter days. I'm lookinf forward to next year and I am always looking for suggestions for horror movies to review for Halloween Week so feel free to leave suggestions in the comments. I might just review them next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment