Wednesday, November 25, 2015

Batman Vol 7: Endgame by Scott Snyder

25135501

I finally got this book from the library and after all of the wait I found out I had already read this book. If you have read The Joker: Endgame then I will save you the time and tell you to skip it. If you haven't read The Joker: Endgame then I would suggest skipping that book and just reading this one. 

This story is the end all be all of Batman Joker fights. The Joker has decided he is finally ready to kill Batman. What better way to kill someone than to have the people closest to the, do it for you. The Joker has beefed up his Joker gas now instead of just killing his victims it makes them want to kill Batman more than anything in the world. It even effects the man in blue, Superman. Thankfully Batman has planned for the day the Justice League goes bonkers but it made for a great story. Watching Batman fights his best friends. All of them are super powered heroes that Batman needs to stop but he doesn't want to kill them.

This book is a great story and a fitting end for the Joker Batman line that has gone on since New 52 started. For the most part I always enjoy the collected series to make one story like in The Joker: Endgame but that one wasn't very good. In the collection there is a side story about weak minded characters that the Joker manipulated to do certain tasks for him. It slowed down the overall story Scott Snyder wrote and made the whole book feel disjointed and out of place. That is why I like this book so much better. It is very to the point and doesn't feel like the pacing is off. It is just balls to the wall suspense as Batman does whatever he can to survive and save the city he loves from the Joker. 

I will leave the rest of the book for you to discover on your own especially since I reviewed this all ready with the collection. Since this book feels like a more complete story and the writing and art work are wonderful. I give this book 5 out of 5 stars. I can't wait to see where the Batman series goes from here and am anxious to get my name out there for the next volume.  

No comments:

Post a Comment