Wednesday, October 21, 2015

Green Lantern Vol 2: Revenge of Black Hand by Geoff Johns

15797746

It has taken me forever to get this book read. This was one of the books I requested but didn't get approved to read this through Netgalley. I got the next two volumes so I kind of skipped this and moved on. I was such and idiot because this is one of the best Green Lantern books I have read. 

Hal Jordan is still being used as Sinestro's puppet. He has a ring that Sinestro created and divided his power so Hal could help him prevent the Guardians of the Universe from destroying the Green Lantern Corps. While trying to figure out what to do next Sinestro and Hal are kidnapped by the Indigo tribe whose power is compassion. They are also able to simulate the other ring powers and use them. While with the Indigo Tribe they run into Black Hand. He has been brought back to life and converted to a compassionate member of the tribe. 

There is a lot of pieces of the overall story that are revealed in this book and I spent most of it with goosebumps. The art work is fantastic because it leads the story just as much as the writing. Geoff Johns continues his run on Green Lantern with an amazing story that I couldn't put down. I flew through this book and now I am itching for more. I am going to work to get fully caught up on the books that I missed and then I think I am going to go back are read Blackest Night and Brightest Day. I read most of Blackest night as well as all of the companion issues that went with it. I gave up comics before I could finish the story line so I want to go back and finally read the whole thing. 

There is so much in this book that I want to talk about but I don't want to ruin the experience for anyone who has yet to read this book. I got goosebumps constantly and there were so many great reveals. It should come as no surprise that I give this book 5 out of 5 stars. 

No comments:

Post a Comment