Wednesday, October 7, 2015

Gotham by Midnight by Ray Fawkes

26161319

With the first volume of Batman Eternal there weer several new Batman/Gotham series that spun off from it. This of course being one of them. I will be honest and tell you that I knew nothing about this book when I picked it up. It said Gotham on it and my original through was the guy with the lightning in his eye was John Constantine. The though of Constantine in Gotham was something I was really interested in. Well, I was wrong, this is Detective John Corrigan who is one half of the Spectre. I love the Spectre so I was still really excited to see where this was going to go. 

This select team is called the midnight shift and they have been assembled by Commissioner Gordon to deal with the magical demonic side of grime in Gotham. I love the magical aspect of the DC Universe. I didn't when I was younger but now that I have grown I have found that there are some really great stories in these books. The art work is perfect for this book. It isn't the greatest in the world but it is dark and scary and it fits. There are times when this kind of art is perfect. Here is an example of just how dark this book is.

Something big is coming to Gotham. Evil has come in different forms The first is a creature who has taken kids and warped them to the point of no longer being able to speak anything other than demon language.The team will have to figure out the mystery behind these demons and how to stop it before Gotham is judged. As soon as I found out that this team included Detective Corrigan I couldn't wait to see the Spectre appear. It might have been a bit of a wait but it was worth it.

This was a great book and I am really interested in this series. I can't wait to see what happens in the next volume. This can't come out fast enough. I liked this book a lot and give it a 4.5 out of 5 stars. The art work was great for this book but there were some sections that that were a little slow and there could have been a little more detail to the art work. For the purpose of all the other review sites I am going to round down to a 4. Still really enjoyed this and will keep up with the series as long as it runs. 

No comments:

Post a Comment