Tuesday, October 27, 2015

Dawn of the Dead (2004)


George Romero father of the Zombie Horror film paved the way for some great remakes. I love this movie and I've got to say this movie is terrifying because the zombies run full speed. I know that sounds really dumb to be terrified of but in most zombie shows and movies they shamble and move slowly. A character's biggest problem is to be caught in a group of zombies where their attention is focused on something else and be attacked from behind. In this movies the zombies are vicious and fast. It was great. 

This movie is all about the beginning of the zombie apocalypse. The out break begins slowly and over night has spread like wild fire in California. We follow a group of people who have locked themselves in a mall trying to survive. It has been a really long time since I saw this movie that is was a surprise to see that not only was this directed by Zack Snyder, but it had my favorite Dumphy from Modern Family Ty Burrell. The special effects are really good in this and I was impressed with their use of amputees. There is a bonus feature on the Directors cut showing how some of the zombies that were missing arms and legs were actually handicapped people to really give a realistic feel to this movie.  No CGI here, just great make-up effects to make this look completely real. 

One thing I have to share about this movie is something my wife pointed out. This movie does have a look to it like it was filmed in the 80's. It adds to the cheese factor of this graphically violent zombie movie. I like to think that Zack Snyder was trying to pay homage to the original film having been filmed in 1978. I love this movie and not just because I'm a big fan of anything zombies. Walking Dead is one of my favorite shows on TV so I am always up for more zombies. I give this movie 4 out of 5 stars and recommend this to any fan of a good zombie movie. Check out the trailer if it has been so long you have forgotten all about this.



This is another entry for the Peril on the Screen as part of the R.I.P. Challenge. 

ripnineperilscreen

No comments:

Post a Comment