Monday, October 26, 2015

Amityville Horror (2005)


I love this movie. This is another remake that goes deeper into the backstory than the original and I really like that. This movie opens up with the slaughter of s family giving some clues as to what is going on. Voices tell Ronald to kill and the time 3:15 Am seems to have some significance. After some brief news clips explaining the events we just saw we meet the Lutz family. A sweet family looking for more space. They find the deal of a lifetime on this house and move in. Everything is all sunshine and roses at first.

Once things start to happen the only people who see what is going on are George and the little girl. The evil in the house starts to play with George's mind.  One of the most terrifying things happens in the bathroom. I can't tell you how terrifying it would be to be attacked by a ghost while using the bathroom in the middle of the night. That part always creeps me out. There are some intense scenes in this movie that when I saw this for the first time in the theater it gave me nightmares. It was great.

Now here is the part that I describe what is going on with the house in this movie. If you wish to learn this on your own by watching the movie I would suggest stopping the review here and skipping to the last paragraph for the rating. The house is part of a hidden torture chamber. A reverend in the Puritan days was torturing and experimenting on the native Americans that lived on the land first. The victims were sliced and skinned and subjected to all kinds of other horrible violent acts. Once George's mind is completely poisoned by the evil reverend who possesses the house he tries to kill his family.


This is a movie that once it takes off with the plot you will need to hold on to your seat and not let go till the very end. It may have been awhile since I have watched this movie but it is always in my mind as one of my favorite horror movies. This is easily a 5 out of 5 star review for me. Now it is no secret that I love the R.I.P. Challenge. the best part about reading my favorite genre of book is that I can include my movie reviews for it as well. This is my first entry in the Peril on the Screen portion of the challenge.

ripnineperilscreen

No comments:

Post a Comment