Friday, September 11, 2015

Drunken Fireworks by Stephen King

24796646

I love Stephen King's books and his short stories. When I saw this was coming out in an audio short only I had to have it. I finally got around to listening to this and I have to admit. It was just ok. I'm not sure what I was expecting from this book but after reading Mr. Mercedes and Doctor Sleep I just expected more. There wasn't any suspense or mystery and it sure wasn't scary. This short is just a hick redneck story about two families competing Hatfield and McCoy style. 

Without making this review as long as the story and giving everything away I will try to be brief. Alden McCausland and his mother are trying to out do the other rich family across the lake at who has the biggest fireworks. Every year Alden gets beat with bigger and better but he keeps trying. You will just have to listen to see what happens in this. 

I wish there was some sort of suspense to this story to really keep me on the edge of my seat reading this. Tim Sample does a great job reading this in a country hick voice. King has written some amazing short stories that were intense. So I have to say this was just middle of the road. I give it 3 out of 5 stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment