Wednesday, September 2, 2015

Death Masks by Jim Butcher

91479

Jim Butcher did it again. Just when you thing Harry can't have any more crap dumped on him something else happens that he has to dig his way out of. Our adventure opens with Harry being dragged into a dual with an assassin of the Red Court of vampires. Ok, Harry started a war between the vampires and wizards in the last book and a dual could bring it to an end. Shortly after that Harry finds himself being hunted by a contract killer and a priest who needs him for a special task. Harry is asked to help find the stolen Shroud of Turin. To make matters worse he has been asked to help the police with a headless corpse and the love of his life comes back to complicate things.

Wow, how does this character remain standing. Well it helps that Harry has a great support system. One of the best parts about this book is the characters. I always get excited to see Michael and Harry working together. Not that they are like Batman and Robin but more like Batman and Batman. These scenes are great. Harry also gets some help from an unlikely person that I was really excited see back into Harry's Life. Cue moody Dresden to add to all of this going on.

The story is action packed and really takes off from the very first chapter. There really wasn't a slow moment in this book and I loved it. I just keep getting impressed with Jim Butcher's style of writing. He has this way of adding things to his books that seem minuscule but could develop into some great stories in the future. I like a series that allows for a resolution at the end of every book but still leaves clues to what could happen in the future.

There is so much that I loved about this book but I am having the hardest time getting it formed into words. Has this ever happened to you my fellow bloggers. I liked this so much I can't tell you why. Well it should com as no surprise that this book get 5 out of 5 stars from me. I can't wait to read the next book. 


No comments:

Post a Comment