Sunday, August 30, 2015

Readers Imbibing Peril X


I can't believe it's here already!!!! The R.I.P. Event is my favorite of the year and I look forward to this ever time. Had I not gotten the email about Carl's opening post I wouldn't have known because I thought this was just the month of October. Fall is my favorite time of year and it's just around the corner and thanks to my Father-in-Law, I already have Pumpkin Beer chilling in my fridge. I love everything about Fall, the leaves turning on the trees, that first cold breeze pushing the back drenching heat of Summer, and the horror and mystery novels I pull of the shelf for this time of year. As I anxiously await my favorite holiday Halloween and the beginning of Winter, I have the distinct pleasure to participate in the R.I.P. challenge. R.I.P. is known as Readers Imbibing Peril, and it is a challenge to read Mystery, Suspense, Thriller, Dark Fantasy, Gothic, Horror, and Supernatural. This challenge is put on by Stainless Steel Droppings normally but this year Carl needed some help so our gracious hosts this year are The Estella Society. If you are like me and these genres just happen to be some of your favorites, then head over to the sign up post and check it out. This challenge officially runs from September 1st to October 31st and I'm ready to get going.

This is such a cool challenge, and since this is a category I mainly read anyway I am taking the plunge. I am going to pledge to be part of:

ripnineperilfirst

Peril the First means I will be reading four books, any length, that I feel fit into this challenge. This might be a little harder than usual because I am on a Dresden Files kick which is Sci-Fi. I don't really have anything lined up for this challenge in the Horror Category but you better believe I will be hitting up the library soon.

I am also going to take part in:

ripnineperilscreen

How cool is it that this challenge also includes watching movies and television shows as well? I am a big fan of Horror movies, and the cheesier the better. October is the month of horror for me. All month long I watch as many of the Nightmare on Elm Street, Friday the 13th, and Halloween movies I can. My blog is for both books and movies so I really look forward to reviewing some of my favorite horror movies in October, and better yet to include them in this challenge. This will be my third year doing Halloween Week here on my blog. This was where I review popular, classic, and any other type of horror films. I'm not sure how successful it was, but I had a lot of fun so I'm doing it again. I'm not sure what movies I am going to watch this year so I a ope to suggestions. Each one of those reviews will be used for this challenge as well. 

One final thing I want to mention which I have neglected to do the last few years is mention the incredibly talented Artist who does the banners and pictures for the event.,. I don't think I ever paid much attention to this but now that I know Abigail Larson is the one who does the art I want to make sure you click on her name and check out her blog. It's really cool. Now good luck and I hope those who decide to try this out for the first time have a great event. Now go read, or watch some TV, it's up to you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment