Monday, August 24, 2015

Batman and Robin Vol 3: Death of the Family by Peter J. Tomasi

17671947

Well my Batman love fest continues. I loved the whole Death of the Family story line and I was really looking forward to reading this one. The section that involves the Death of the family story was really good and I had read this before but the best part of the whole book was the beginning section. 

The book starts out with Damien setting up a world wide scavenger hunt for Bruce to reconnect with his family history. Secretly Damien has ulterior motives but the whole story was really touching. It was nice to see this softer side of Bruce and learn little bits about his parent's history. I think that these books are hitting me so close to home is because my son just started school and he is growing up way to fast. Seeming these moments with Bruce and Damien being a father and son connect with me because I can't be prouder of the little man he is turning out to be. 

The writing is very well done and the art work is just as good. I loved this book and could go on and on about the story and the emotion that is in this. Yes, you read that right, I said there is emotion in this comic. You don't get many stories that go deep into the heart and tug on those strings. The Death of the Family section in the middle of this book is really good.

I give this book another 5 out of 5 stars. I have been so unbelievably impressed with the this series feel kind of dumb that I waited so ling to catch up with these books. I am enjoying this series so much more than when it started and Grant Morrison was writing this. New 52 did something with Batman and Robin that made this more interesting. The only other series that has consistently been rated so highly by me is Scott Snyder's run on Batman. 

No comments:

Post a Comment