Monday, July 6, 2015

Storm Front by Jim Butcher

764354

So to be honest this is actually my second read of this book. I have a bunch of friends in the book world who have been big fans of this series. A few years ago I decided to step out of my comfort zone of mysteries and thrillers and give Sci-Fi a try. I was hooked from the very beginning and I liked it so much I begged my wife to give these a try too. She really likes the YA fantasy/Supernatural books about Vampires, Werewolves, and Fairies.  I figured this would be right up her alley. Well she finally got around to reading these and is just as hooked. I have to admit that I have only gotten as far as the 5th book so I have a lot of the series left to read. There were just other things that came up. 

Since my wife is reading these I wanted a refresher. This book is just as fun to read after the three different ways I have been exposed to this story. My first time reading this was in book form, then I read this in graphic novel form which was great. The story is broken up into two volumes. 

6285252
4961959These books were amazing because not only are the written by Jim Butcher so the story stays pretty close to the book, but the art work was amazing. The depictions of the characters is exactly how I pictured them in my head. These were spot on. 

I'm so glad I came into the series later because I would have gone crazy if I had to wait for volume 2 to come out. Even though I knew how the story ended, reading these was like reading the story for the first time all because it had a different twist. 


Then I found out that this was made into a series for the SciFi channel. I had heard a lot of bad things about this show and it made me understand why it only got a season, but I had to watch it anyway. I think knowing how cheesy and goofy this was going to be allowed me to really enjoy this. I liked the series a lot and I'm sad it only got the few episodes it did. Here is a trailer but I warn you, it doesn't do the show justice, and it is not coming soon. Paul Blackthorn did make a good Harry Dresden, I really like him in Arrow.


Dresden is a wizard private investigator and he get one of the most gruesome cases ever. Jim Butcher really pulled out all the stops and started with a bang with just how intense the opening crime scene is. Harry is asked by the police to help them investigate this weird murder because it looks like magic came into play. On top of that he is hired to find a woman's husband who picked up and left under some very strange circumstances. This book is full of magic and action as well as a great mystery. To top off the books greatness this is loaded with funny one-liners. Harry Dresden is a cross between Humphrey Bogart, Ash from Evil Dead, and Gandalf. When I first read this book I gave it 4 out of 5 stars but after all of the times I have read this story I seem to like it more and more so with this I give it 5 out of 5 stars.  

No comments:

Post a Comment