Monday, July 27, 2015

Batman Eternal Vol 2 by Scott Snyder

 25904501

I have my favorite comic authors and Scott Snyder is one of the best. Him and Geoff Johns are geniuses. Scott Snyder has had an amazing run on Batman and he didn't disappoint with this book. There is so much in this epic story line that had some of my favorite villains showing up as well as appearances by other members of the Bat-Family. There was also a nod to the Knightfall story when Batman was broken. 

This book brings one of the most dangerous characters Batman has aver faced. Hush is back and ready to kill Batman. When Hush was first introduced it was one of the best stories I have ever read. I was so excited to see back. Since he knows everything about Bruce and his history there is no one who has a better chance to finally best Batman. To make matters worse, Commissioner Gordon is in Blackgate prison and Alfred is in a coma from a concentrated dose of Scarecrow's fear toxin. If Batman is going to stop Hush from Gotham he will need some help.
As much as Batman wants to keep to himself he has family that is always ready to help. Speaking of family we meet someone I never knew existed. Alfred has a daughter and Bruce has shared his secret because he is going to need that help from the cave to keep track of what is going on in the city. Not only do we have a new member to the Bat-Family but everyone that could come back and help shows up. Red Robin (Tim Drake), Batgirl (Barbara Gordon), and Red Hood (Jason Todd) are there to lend a hand. We also get a guest star who's part is very small in this book, and I really wish there was more around this story line, but the Spectre  is helping to stop some of the supernatural forces that are trying to be unleashed on Gotham.




The brief nod to the Knightfal story of course involves Bane and a whole lot of other criminals. I don't want to give away to much because there are a lot of moments in this book that a die hard Batman fan will enjoy and get goosebumps over. The writing is phenomenal and a you can see in the pictures I included, so is the art work. This is well worth the read.

There is pages of stuff I could say about this book but I really want you to read it for yourself. it is quite lengthy for a graphic novel but it is worth every page. As one of the best books I have read this year it should be no surprise that I give this highest honors with 5 out of 5 stars. The ending to this book leaves so much open for the next volume so don't expect to get a happy ending or even half of your questions answered. Even with all of that which at times can put me off a book I still loved this. I am so anxious to see what happens in volume 3. I was incredibly fortunate to be chosen to review this book by DC Comics and Netgalley so I hope they keep me in mind when the next volume comes out. I'm already excited for the next chapter and I can only hope Scott Snyder continues his writing on these books.

No comments:

Post a Comment