Monday, June 1, 2015

The Stranger by Harlan Coben


What would you do if someone you didn't know dropped a life bomb on you that changed everything? I'm sure everyone has had one of these life bombs go off at some point that caused something we thought was pretty great to change drastically. It is how we react to these that defines what comes next. At least, that's how I feel. I have had several of these events in my life not all good, but the way I adapted and learned from them made me the man I am today.

I am going to be honest with you, I have no idea how to write this review without possibly spoiling something. So if you are planning on reading this and want to tread carefully then I leave you with this book was amazing. Now, for the rest of you who are interested in just why I thought this book was amazing bare with me as I try my best to make sense and not ruin the book.

This whole book is about these life bombs I mentioned .This stranger walks up to our main character Adam at a meeting for his sons lacrosse team draft. He reveals a secret about his wife that shatters everything Adam knew. When he confronts her about this secret she takes off. Trying to figure out why his wife took off and what is going on Adam falls into a mystery beyond what he ever could have imagined. Adam isn't the only character visited by the Stranger and told a life altering secret about someone they love.

This book took off from the very beginning and really didn't let up. Towards the middle of the book there are a lot of characters introduced all at once which made things difficult to keep up with at first, but once the pieces started to fit together I was hooked and couldn't stop till the surprising end. Twists and turns abound through out the whole thing and the suspense level is intense to the very very end. There were times when I thought I wouldn't be happy with how the book ended but Coben did a great job wrapping everything up.

I'm going to end this here and say that I easily give this 5 out of 5 stars. Harlan Coben has really impressed me with his last three books. I am officially a fan of his and look forward to reading more by him. Go read this book. Make it next on your to-read list and put your name on a reserve list at your library or run out and get this book, you won't be sorry. 

No comments:

Post a Comment