Wednesday, June 10, 2015

Grayson Vol 1: Agents of Spyral by Tim Seeley


I was heartbroken to read in Forever Evil that Dick was revealed to be Nightwing in front of the whole world. Faking his death with Batman Dick is now stuck wondering what to do now. Why not join a group of secret spies whose faces are obscured by technology so no pictures can be taken. I love Spies and secret agent movies so I was really curious to see what was going to happen with Dick now that his secret is out. I anxiously waited for this book and I have to say thank you to Netgalley and DC Comics for allowing me to read this and review it for my blog. 

I have to admit I was a little lost when I started this. I must have missed the part where Dick joins Spyral. If you are reading this and know what happened or in what book this little tidbit is in please tell me in the comments section. I would live to read the transition between the end of Nightwing and the beginning of Agent 37. 

I liked this book but the whole thing felt off. I have been a fan of Nightwing since the very beginning and it was so weird to have him taking orders from a faceless boss and not swinging from roof tops and part of the masked Bat-Family. There is more going on in this book than just secret missions. Batman is involved in an interesting way. I also really liked the fact that Dick is working with his old girlfriend Huntress. I would love to know how she ended up with Spyral because that wasn't in this book either but I love seeing other characters show up in these kind of stories.

I like this book but I would have preferred another Nightwing Volume. I get why the story has gone this way because once Dick's secret is out there is no way he could be Nightwing any longer and still allow those   he cares about to remain safe. I'm not sure how I feel about this but I really want to know if the writes at DC come up with a way to allow him to return to Nightwing. I'm going to have to give this one 3 out of 5 stars. I will continue the story because I want answers to the questions I have and Dick Grayson is one of my all time favorite characters so I will always read any series he is in. 

No comments:

Post a Comment