Monday, April 27, 2015

Undone by Karin Slaughter

5764902

I really liked this book. Right from the very beginning this story grabbed me and dragged me through some of the most violent, intense, and suspenseful mystery I have read in awhile. Big shocker this is another book with some horrible violence against women but this had an interesting twist. So much to consider in the plot and eventual ended that I kept thinking about this book whether I was reading it or not. 

The book opens with a husband and wife driving to visit their son when what they think is an animal steps out in front of their car and they run it over. Further investigation proves it to be a woman, naked and tortured the story begins. Who is this woman and why is she cut up and wandering naked dying in the woods? Will Trent happens to be in the emergency room when the woman comes in and because of his past he wants to help find the villain who did this. He is able to get on to the case while making the local police very angry and less than willing to help. 

This book is great for our regular characters. Each one gets so much more depth. We get little bits of Will Trent's back story in this book. Still not as fast as I would like to get his back story, but I will take what I get. His Partner Faith faints in the very beginning and gets some very disheartening news which causes her mind to be divided between the case and what is best for her health. We also get a guest star in this book that couldn't have made me happier to see. Sarah Linton from Karin Slaughter's earlier Grant County series is in this book. She meets Will and Faith with the arrival of the woman hit by a car and she causes Will to re-think his current arrangements. This causes Will's attention to wander between the case and Sarah. With him and Faith dividing their attention it made for some interesting situations to help liven up the slower times. 

This is one of my favorite books of Karin Slaughter's. This was a very well written story and interesting. I couldn't put this down. I am slowly catching up to where I began with Karin Slaughter's books. I love the pairing of Will and Sarah so I am really excited to finally read the book where they meet. I have given this a lot of though when it comes to my reviews. I will give this 4.5 out of 5 stars. Now rounding up or down is the question. It was a great book but have read some books that were definitely 5 star reads. However, I did really like this book and it was one that kept me thinking about it even after I finished. I am going to round up to 5 stars. 

No comments:

Post a Comment