Friday, April 17, 2015

American Assassin by Vince Flynn

7959473

When I was younger I used to work for a book store so I had seen Vince Flynn's name quite a bit. I know he is really popular but I am not a fan of political fiction. There is enough of that kind of stuff in the news and every for of media that when it comes to reading for fun politics is the last thing I want to read about. Give me a good murder mystery any day. 

17706522A little over a month ago I got an email from Simon & Schuster about pre-ordering a free copy of The Vince Flynn Encyclopedia. Free is free and I wanted to check this out. I went ahead and pre-ordered the book and went right to Goodreads to find out which book is the first in the Mitch Rapp series. This book is the 11th one that Vince Flynn wrote but it is the beginning of Rapp's story. Rapp lost a loved one in the tragic World Trade Center event. He wants revenge in the worst way and this book is how he began his hunt for every terrorist he could find. 

Rapp works very hard to stay in shape and hone his fighting skills. The CIA basically kidnaps him and takes him to a super secret elite training class. The whole purpose of the class is to weed out those who just can't hack the difficult missions they will be sent on. Rapp is a badass!! He is an ultimate fighter with so many different skills he can pull from, with an ability to be completely cold and focused on what his task is. 

I'm so glad I found this book. It was really interesting mostly and I flew through it. There are some spots that get into the detail of Terrorists organizations that got a little wordy and long, but for the most part the action just doesn't stop. I am definitely going to try and keep going in this series. The next book in the series is also a later title per what Goodreads has so I am looking forward to seeing what is next for Rapp. This book is easily a 4 out of 5 star book and I am so glad I stepped out of my comfort zone and gave a new author a try. 

No comments:

Post a Comment