Friday, January 16, 2015

Nightwing Vol 2: Night of the Owls by Kyle Higgins

17137617

The Court of Owls was one of the best Batman stories I have ever read and the fact that this spilled over into the Nightwing universe was even better. We get to learn all kinds of great secrets about Dick and his family in the past. There are a few references to the events that happen in the Batman books so you might be a little lost if you haven't read them but the story in this collection was really well written. 

Not only do we get more of the Court of Owls story line but we get a new group growing in power in Nightwing's neck of the woods and these people hate all things with a mask. Nightwing has been framed for murder and now he has to deal with the Court of Owls and a new group hunting him down and their leader Paragon. This may start with the court of Owls but a new story line takes over the rest of the book and it was a good one. I can't wait to see what happens next. 

The story was great and so was the artwork. I actually borrowed this from my library so I don't have examples like when I get a digital copy for an ARC so you will have to take my word for it. There is a lot of detail in every panel in this book.  I loved this book and can't wait to move on to Volume 3. 

There is so much I want to say about this book but fear that it would be full of spoilers and I don't want to ruin this book for anyone. I loved this book and couldn't put it down. One of my favorite reads of this year so far and the very first book I will give 5 out of 5 stars. The next volume revolves around the Death of the Family story line from Batman and that was the only thing better than Court of Owls and other new series beginnings in the New 52. The books I have read from the Nightwing series have been reat so if you enjoy comics these all are good reads.

2 comments:

  1. The Court of Owls was such an amazing arc. I love the Nightwing stories so much. I just think it is the coolest super hero. I think so much could be done with his story on the screen. Are you on Pinterest? Probably not since it seems more like ladies are on there. But there is some cool geeky stuff on there. This is my geek board: https://www.pinterest.com/kingmod/i-am-a-geek/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your Pinterest page. Some of those poster are really cool. I really like the one of Nightwing in his old Blue suit. I like the Blue one so much more than the Red. Court of Owls was amazing but I liked Death of the family more. The Batman books have been amazing.

    ReplyDelete