Thursday, January 1, 2015

Happy New Year


Happy New Year everyone!!! What a year it has been. Last year was a challenge and I had high hopes for 2014. After a very rocky start and some personal hurdles things started to look up. I was fortunate enough to find a permanent home at my new company that allowed me to quit my old job where I was miserable and go down to just one job instead of two. Now I work for a company I love and believe in and I have never been happier in a job.

My family and I have been doing well this year. Being able to have one job that makes me happy has allowed me to be home more often and spend really quality time with my kids and my wife. My parents and even my grandparents have seen a big change in my personality now that things have changed for the better.

My blog has been going strong for a year and a half now and I am excited to see what 2015 brings. My wife has been encouraging me to post my writing here. As I have said in the past, my dream is to be a writer, and author who can write these ideas I have and have people actually enjoy the work I have done. I have a few short stories I have started and maybe this is the year I sit down and finish them up and take the risk to post them and get some real feedback. I think I can take it good or bad. Every one has to star somewhere.

I have some personal goals just like everyone else out there, but I really want to take more time to read this year. I listen to books all the time at work but there are a few authors that I only will read in hardback. Jeffery Deaver, Stephen King, and Michael Connelly are the only 3 authors that I still collect in hardback when they have new books out. The problem with that is I hardly have time to read these. I have been working my way through Mr Mercedes for months now and I am just about half way through. Because of that I have books piling up that I can't wait to read like King's newest one Revival, Connelly's The Burning Room, and the new novel from the Conan Doyle Estate Moriarty by Anthony Horowitz. A new Sherlock Holmes book is one I can't wait to get to but I really need to make more time to read.

I have talked about myself long enough and I thank you for reading along this long. I would love to hear about any goals and plans you might have for this new year so please feel free to share in the comment section. Happy New Year to all of you and I wish you nothing but health, happiness and Success for 2015.

2 comments:

  1. A lot of people post their writing on their blog. A good blog to read and link up your writing is Paper Fury. She has like a meme of some sort that people use. I am so behind on reading King books. I just .. I don't know, started reading way too many other books. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy New Year! Thanks for the blog suggestion I will check it out. I talk a big game but let's see if I actually post something, or finish something for a change.

    ReplyDelete