Friday, December 19, 2014

The Night Eternal by Guillermo Del Toro

6945530

Well, I'm finished with the trilogy and I'm glad it's over. I wanted to like this series but by the time I got about a quarter of the way through this one I wanted to pack it in and move on. My stubbornness won out and since I had already read the first two I had to know how this was going to end.  

My biggest complaint with this book other than it was just dull, was the fact that a few chapters in I hated all of the characters in this book. I like our little survivor team of Fet, and Eph, and Nora, but in this book things personalities change and I really didn't like the turn they had taken. I was amazad at how quickly Guillermo Del Toro made me hate characters I grew to like in the first two books. That kind of put me off the whole book fright from the start and I was only a few chapters in. 

Unlike book two, The Fall, this once doesn't pick up right where the previous left off. This book begins 2 years later. A lot can happen in two years and apparently it wasn't important enough to write a book about. I guess the show could fill in that gap with two seasons if it continues to be popular. 

This book was so dull and slow. We have characters who only care about themselves, constantly whine, and do nothing to advance the story what so ever. I also felt the ending was a complete cop out. I felt like they wanted to make it a big as it could possibly be and then wrap it up with a happy ending. It was just cheesy and could have been much better.

I'm not going to complain about this book anymore and just move on to the review. Now I was only half interested in this after reading the first book and not being really into it. I will give this book 1.5 stars and round up to 2 mainly because this isn't the worst book I have read this year, but all I can say is I'm glad it's over. 

No comments:

Post a Comment