Monday, December 8, 2014

The Burning Girl by Lisa Unger

23383808

I got this email from Netgalley offering two novellas from Lisa Unger. The premise for these two books was to not judge a book by its cover so there wasn't one when these came available on Netgalley for request. I really liked this idea. I must admit that a really good cover can make me want to read a book or on the flip side make me avoid a book at all costs no matter how interesting it might sound. I threw my name in for these and was fortunate enough to be selected to review this and the other book. 

I was intrigued by the idea of a psychic who is finding out dark secrets about her past while trying to figure out the mystery behind the burning girl she keeps seeing.  I didn't realize it at the time I started this but this is the second book in the Whispers series. I read these two a little out of sequence but to be honest I didn't feel like I was missing out on anything. This book reads like a single story and I didn't feel like there was stuff in this book that I would only know if I read the first one.

I will be reading the first part of this series because I was lucky enough to be granted these from the publisher for a fair review through NetGalley. I think I will stop just there. This one isn't really mu cup of tea. Still I give this book 3 out of 5 stars. Short review for a short story.

No comments:

Post a Comment