Friday, December 5, 2014

Heroes of Olympus: The Son of Neptune by Rick Riordan

9520360

I'm not sure I know what to say about this book that I haven't already said in my review for The Lost Hero. I still felt like I have read this book before because of the parallels between the Percy Jackson series and of course the first book of this series. I know the two books in this series are supposed to be parallels but I again felt myself letting my mind wander away from the story.

One thing I did like about this book was the fact that we are back with Percy Jackson. He is paired with new Demi Gods and in this case they are from the Roman version of Camp Half Blood. The constant bouncing between Greek and Roman references was dizzying at times. It was hard to keeo straight what gods they were talking about. It has been quite awhile since I have studied Greek and Roman Mythology in school so I was a little rusty.

I feel like these book seem to be missing the level of action that was in the previous series. There is a lot of talking and not much happening. My hope is that these two books were just setting the stage for the series to really ramp up. I am hopeful that I didn't set my expectations to high causing me to not enjoy these books. I know the last book in this series has come out a month or two ago so at least I don't have to wait to finish these.

I really am out of things to say so I guess I will get to the rating. Just like the first book, The Lost Hero I think this is a 2.5 out of 5 Start book. I will give it 3 stars to round up. I will get to the next books in the series soon but I think I need to step away from these for awhile. Maybe coming back fresh after a book or two will help me get into a better mood for the next three books in the series. 

No comments:

Post a Comment