Wednesday, December 3, 2014

Heroes of Olympus: The Lost Hero by Rick Riordan

7736182

I really enjoyed the Percy Jackson series and both my wife and a friend of mine raved about this series. They liked this series better than the Percy Jackson one so I had high hopes. Well, I wasn't all that impressed. I knew going into this that it isn't going to be all about Percy Jackson but I really didn't care for the new characters. I also felt like I had read this book already. This one was so similar to The Lightening Thief  I could predict everything that was going to happen. To top it off this book opens yet again with a class field trip where property is damaged by some evil mythological creature. 

I spent most of this book kind of bored as I just stumbled through. There were times that I thought I would just move on but decided to stick it out. In this book we have a new Demigod wake up with no memory and he is thrown into a new life with the kids of Camp Half Blood. Jason has to adjust to Leo and Piper who have fake memories of being friends with him. Nothing brings people together better than a quest. Another God is growing to rise and take over Olympus and again I find myself overwhelmed with this feeling of deja vu.

I wasn't impressed with this book but I read through to the end and that's when things got interesting. Questions were answered very quickly and pieces of the puzzle came together. I had to move on to the next book in the series. We will see how the series goes but had the ending of this book not been enough to keep me interested this would have been the end of my journey. I will give this book 3 out of 5 stars. Really this is a 2.5 star read for me but I have to pick 2 or 3 for ratings on Goodreads or Amazon. It's not really a 2 star read so I rounded up.


No comments:

Post a Comment