Monday, December 22, 2014

Graphic Novel Challenge 2015


I love this challenge. Comics are something that I have never grown out of and since my library carries a huge catalog of graphic novels I read more of them as an adult. The Other thing I love about this challenge is that it lasts all year round. I am always working towards my goals and planning what books I want to catch up on. 

Like last year there are three levels to aim for this coming year. 

Levels

Modern Age: read and review 12 books during the year (that's only 1 book a month)

Bronze Age: read and review 24 books during the year (Can you handle 2 books a month.)

Silver Age: read and review 52 books during the year (Are you up to a book a week!)

Last year I decided to go all in for the Silver Age challenge. I fell short with a total of 40 Graphic novels read at the time I posted this. I might be able to get one or two more in before the end of this year. I had some great things happen this year with my new job that I love but it did cause me less time to read comics. Since I don't have as much time to read as I did last year I think I will set my goal at Bronze Age. I think 24 will be a good number to shoot for with my reduced reading time at home. If I finish my goal next year I will shoot for the Silver age but I'm definitely thinking more realistic for my goals this year. 

Last year I got close to 40 Graphic Novels and this year I hit that and will hopefully get a few more in. I am excited be joining this challenge again and I can't wait to see how many I can get in this coming year. Stay with my blog to see all of the reviews I post from my challenge entries. If you are a big fan of comics yourself there is plenty of time to join in for the 2015 challenge. It is a lot of fun and I love seeing all the different books that get reviewed for this challenge. I have found some great comics reviewed by other in this challenge that I might not have considered if I hadn't read one of the reviews. Here is to a great year of comic book reading. 

4 comments:

  1. Yeah!! I can't believe it's been a year already. PS I made that button! LOLOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You made that button?!?! That's awesome!!! I'm so happy yours got picked. All year people are going to see your work. That's great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome back to the GN/Manga Challenge, Chris! Glad to have you with us again!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Nicola, this is one of my favorite challenges. Even though I set my goals a little lower this year I will still strive to hit the 52 books this year.

    ReplyDelete