Friday, August 22, 2014

The Walking Dead Vol14: No Way Out by Robert Kirkman

10822174

It would have been very easy for this book to fall back into a rut with marginally advancing the story. Our heroes are living in a gated community with the zombies safely kept out. Life is slowly returning to normal and finding new relationships. I just described the the first half of this book. I was really excited that the story was finally building up and getting exciting again, then I started this one and started to worry that I would fine the next few books dull and full of feelings. 

Don't get me wrong, I enjoy the character development and getting to see these characters fleshed out with real emotions and problems. I just felt that Rick's monologues  were a little over the top and kind of long. I kept wondering where this plot is going. Everything seemed o perfect and very well explained. Kirkman could have made this about the struggles people living in a confined space would face as they slowly go crazy. 

When I thought I was going to fall asleep things changed in a way only Walking Dead can do. This was the zombie book I have been waiting for. There have been zombie attacks in the previous books but nothing like this. Just when you think things can't get any worse, they do. It was intense and I loved it. The last half of this book totally redeemed the whole thing.

I liked this book and wasn't sure I was going to. Had it not been for the turning of the tides at the mid point I would be writing a different review. There was some messed up stuff going on in this book. I have to give it 4 out of 5 stars. The first half is the only thing keeping it from a full 5 star review but this was a good book.

No comments:

Post a Comment