Wednesday, July 2, 2014

The Walking Dead Vol 11: Fear the Hunters by Robert Kirkman

6488483

If you have looked at any of the Walking Dead books on sites like Goodreads, you might have noticed that the summary of what the book is about gets shorter and shorter the further you get in the series. At some point I expect it to have the summary read just “Zombies!?!” I understand why the summaries get shorter. It is really hard to write a review on these books and not give something away. I have a feeling that my reviews on this series will be brief for that reason.
So let me get right to it. I wasn’t overly impressed with this one. I feel that the story has kind of stalled a bit. The art work is always the same which is nice but that also means it doesn’t get any better. The artwork fits very well for the books but it could have a little bit cleaner detail. I enjoyed this as always but this book just wasn’t as impressive.
I thought there was a whole bucket of crazy in Volume 10 and then I read this one. Wow, some of the stuff that happens in this book is just over the top!!! Our group is still on their trek to DC and of course there are obstacles along the way. They come across a reverend who offers his church as sanctuary in exchange for some food. Can this guy be trusted or are our heroes walking into a trap if they go? In the last book the events that I would consider crazy were at times justified, but this time a line was crossed. It didn’t make me dislike this book, but my jaw dropped. Anyone who has read these knows that there is a shock factor that keeps us readers coming back. This book definitely has one of those moments.
This was pretty good and I liked it, but it felt kind of slow. I hope the story picks up again, and I have been told it does. I have friends who are current with the series and can’t wait for the next book to come out. I’d say this is kind of a middle of the pack read, I give this 3 out of 5 stars. I am looking forward to moving forward in the series because overall I am really enjoying it. I just hope that the next volume picks up a little.

No comments:

Post a Comment