Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Percy Jackson and the Olympians: The Battle of the Labyrinth by Rick Riordan

2120932

This book is a great example of how a great ending can make up for a slow story. I've read a bunch of reviews on this book, mainly because I was looking for inspiration, and so many people loved the whole thing. I found most of this kind of slow, not dis-interesting but the pace was just dragging. I liked the idea of seeing how our faithful heroes would be tested in the labyrinth and I have really enjoyed the series so far. I even looked past the fact that yet again, this book starts out with Percy at a new school and something happens to destroy it. 

I don't mean to speak negatively about this book because I did like it once I finished, but I think this is the best way to stress how important it is to hang in there sometimes. The main plot as Percy, Annabeth, and Grover struggle through the Labyrinth I kept waiting for something interesting. If you keep going like I did it will all be worth it. The writing is very well structured and easy to read. I just wish that the pacing of the story was a little faster or there was more action in this story. The Titan's Curse, was an ok book and clearly was a middle of the series book. It was the bottom of a hill on a roller coaster. That book let things settle and lure the reader into a false sense of security before we head up the next steel hill. 

I'm really excited to read the final book in this series now. So much happened in the last few chapters that I'm hopeful the final book is amazing. I enjoy the characters and we even get to see more of Poseidon in this book. This was better than the third one but just barley. I'm hopeful that book five just blows all four previous ones away. I give this book 4 out of 5 stars.  

No comments:

Post a Comment