Sunday, July 20, 2014

It's My Blogaversary!!!

I'm 1, well my blog is and sometimes my wife might suggest my maturity is about that age. I can't believe it has been a year already. I've been through a lot in my life this past year. Some good and some not so good. My blog has been a great outlet for my reviews, thoughts, and opinions. The biggest thing that I feel has come from this blog is the fact that I am getting out of my shell a bit. I have been a little more open about myself in recent posts and I'm more comfortable with my writing.

I have wanted to be a writer all my adult life but have never really done anything about it. My creativity is a little lax these days but being able to write my reviews and blog helps give me practice with my technical skills. My spelling and grammar can still use some work but that may never change. I do hope to write a few things that I can post here and really get some honest feedback from people who might actually read my stuff.

I've wondered what I should do for my anniversary post. For this I think I am going to reflect on some of my favorite posts. I would call them fan favorites, but let's be honest. I don't have a lot of fans and really only a few consistent readers. So these are my favorite posts.

Favorite Book Review:
The October List

Favorite Comic Book Review
Batman Vol 3: Death of the Family

Favorite Movie Review
Man if Steel

Favorite Follow Feature
Funny Fav pic

Favorite YA review
Proud to Read What I Want!!!

I know the YA post isn't about one book, but this was the only post I have ever written where I let my opinions out. I have never been brave enough to stand up for something that makes me angry. I take real pride in this post so it had to make my list.

Here is to another great year ahead and I hope I can grow my readers, not necessarily my followers. I also hope I can write some posts that are so interesting the comments flood in. Thanks to all of you who have read and commented over these months.

4 comments:

  1. Happy Blogaversary! Blogging for a year is quite a feat, particularly for one as busy as you. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow.. Honestly I can't believe it's been a year since you started. Seriously where does the time go. I love to read your blog.. we have a lot in common when it comes to reading. I look forward to your next year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know, I can't believe it has been a year and that I have survived blogging a year.

    Thank you for reading and all of your great comments. Between you, my wife and my Mom that is the extent of my readers and I'm fine with that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, it is tough to keep blogging when I'm busy. It is nice I can listen to books at work so I can get ahead on posts. I haven't done a movie review in awhile so I should do that.

    ReplyDelete