Friday, June 27, 2014

The Walking Dead Vol 10: What We Become by Robert Kirkman

20505685

This is another character development story. We meet some new characters in the last book and this one gives us more depth to who they are and where they came from. On top of that, we have more development of our main characters that we have followed along the way. Not a bad book but the plot seemed to get a little thin here. It was kind of a let’s see how much crazy we can cram into a book. Not as much as the books with the Governor but still some big heaping spoonful’s of crazy in this one.
I like crazy but I wanted a little more to have happened in this book. We really get a rehash of some of the events between two characters. The kids of this book are kind of a developmental focus. These lesser characters get to shine a little in this issue. What I really liked about this was just how much of it was used in the show. I know I have said it before but I really love finding the similarities.
We do get to revisit Rick’s neighborhood but no trip down memory lane. This book really puts you into a “what would I do in that situation” mood. What would you do to protect your child or the one you cared about? I would say this book kind of treads right down the middle when it comes to rating this.  I really liked the scenes that the show pulled right from the book, but I kept wanting more to happen, or the pace to move a little faster. What I did like was some of the revelations about different characters that I can’t speak of without ruining something. I give this book 3 out of 5 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment